Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Years!

It's time to bid goodbye to 2009 and say hello to 2010. I see a lot of other anime blogs doing top moments of 2009 or top series of the last 10 years to celebrate the end of this year and/or decade, but I'm not going to compile such a list. I only started to watch anime "seriously" about a year and a half ago, and even then I only follow 4-6 series a season, so I haven't really watched enough anime to make a list for the year let alone the decade. Besides, I'm too darn lazy to do lists; spitting out cookie-cutter summary posts requires much less effort lol.

As for myself, I spent the last few days of this decade doing inconsequential things like drawing and working on my websites. Since most anime and manga series were on vacation as well, there wasn't much to write about for this blog. I wanted to go watch Avatar in IMAX 3D, but the day I went the tickets were sold out for the day, so I'll probably wait 2 more weeks. I did watch The Girl Who Leapt Through Time though, and it was excellent and surprisingly down to earth for a movie about time travel. I might write a review for it later.

Speaking of my websites and drawings, I mentioned two weeks ago that I was playing around with WordPress. Well, I finally finished converting my personal site to WordPress. It was about five days of repetitive manual labor moving all the content, but I got through it. The finished product is located here. I'm pleased with WP thus far (love the plug-in system), but I won't be moving this blog to WP anytime soon. As for artwork, below is my latest attempt to draw something other than mecha. The grass and dandelions didn't turn out too badly, but the people look like cardboard cutouts. Maybe I should just stick to drawing machines.

Grassy Knoll

That's enough rambling for this post. I wish all of you a Happy 2010 and good luck in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online