Sunday, November 29, 2009

XBlade Volume 5

It has been another six months since I've read any XBlade chapters, but now I've managed to find volumes 5-7. I am going to write a post for each volume since if I wrote everything into one post then it'll be too long. Besides I can get more readers with multiple posts lol. Anyways, I'll start off with volume 5 which includes chapters 18 and 19 that I already wrote about.


Can Haru handle the truth?


Summary (chapters 20 and 21):
Continuing from the events of chapters 18 and 19, Musuzu becomes Sakura's new guardian blade. On the day of the baseball game, Sakura invades Haru's school and attacks Kris to get revenge for his old sword, and Kris is injured by the sneak attack. Haru and Mana comes to Kris' defense, but Haru is reluctant to go all out because Musuzu is Sakura's blade. Sakura swings his sword around and almost hits Sanae if not for Kazunari sacrificing his own left arm to block the slash. Kazunari's injury causes Haru to go into full-rage mode, and Haru uses the Dragonfly stance to slice both Musuzu and Sakura in half.


Pwned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just like eight months ago when chapter 18 was translated, I had to go back and skim through all the earlier chapters to remember the character's names. There were some pretty big developments in the latter half of the volume, but I already saw them coming eight months ago when I read chapter 18. I can go off and boast about my psychic abilities, but I won't. Anyways, despite getting a new sword (and a real Guardian blade this time supposedly), Sakura is still pretty weak since he couldn't even withstand one attack from Haru/Mana. Kris probably would have beaten Sakura if she was ready for it. It's funny that after all that training, Haru still only has one attack, but that one attack has done the job thus far.

So at the end of the volume, Haru has killed someone in school including Musuzu. Even though nobody except him and Mana knew Sakura's blade was Musuzu, it doesn't change the fact Haru sliced someone in half at school (in front of his friends no less), and that will have some big repercussions. I'll go over what happens next in my volume 6 post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online