Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year (and Valentine's Day too)

This year Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day happen to fall on the same day. The red of Chinese New Year and hearts/roses of Valentine's Day do go together lol. Anyways, I wish you all a happy holidays, whichever one you celebrate.

Just like last year, I am celebrating Chinese New Year's Eve at home with my family. Unlike last year though, there wasn't a big feast, but we still bought some roasted duck and pork and also had lingcod as well. Now that I think about it, my family also didn't buy any Chinese New Year sweets, but that's probably the healthier way to go.

I don't have any classes for the next two weeks due to the Winter Olympics closing down my school. It's not really vacation time though since I have tons of projects and assignments to do, but at least I don't have to commute or sit through lectures. Other than doing schoolwork, I'll also be watching the Olympics on TV. I'm obligated to support the Canadian team (GO CANADA!), but I support the Chinese team as well. I certainly hope that Canada' "Own the Podium" program will produce great results, but many of us know that the only gold medal that really, really matters is men's hockey lol.

As for anime, manga or anything related to this blog, I'll continue the usual coverage, but I'm not going to do any extra anime watching/manga reading. I probably should finish my schoolwork and then finish coloring the artwork I've been working on for the last month before doing anything else. That's all for this off-topic post.

春节快乐,恭喜发财

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online