Saturday, July 31, 2010

First Red, then Blue, now Yellow

Yellow 05

A new piece of artwork. I like to save these posts for the days I have nothing to write about. Anyways, this is part of the continuing series of female mecha Super Sentai/Power Ranger characters that I've been drawing for the last year or so that may one day become mascots of this blog (posts on Red and Blue). Yellow 05's name is Rebecca. Coming from a rich family, Rebecca is usually easy going and composed but sometimes suffers from rich girl/ojou-sama tendencies. Primary weapon is a heavy broadsword that can split open in the middle to reveal a beam cannon.

As usual, this began as a pencil drawing that was lined and colored in Photoshop. I like how the face came out, but the body pose looks a little strange but it's too late to change it. I also got lazier with the background compared to the blue ranger. Overall I like the blue one better, but this isn't bad by my (low) standards. This is probably the last piece of artwork I'll produce in a while, since next month I'll be leaving home to go to grad school and I won't have time to do much else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online