Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer 2010 Anime

It's almost time for another new season, and that means another new crop of anime series. As always, this is just a list of shows that I'll check out and/or blog about, and there is a list of season preview posts from the blogs on my blogroll. Without further ado, here is my planned schedule.

Will watch/will blog:

Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~
Since I cover the Sekirei manga and covered the first season of the anime, I'm obligated to watch and write about this series. Yes, Sekirei is mostly about the boobs, but there is more to the series as well.

Will watch/might blog:

Highschool of the Dead
Based on the manga series about a group of highschoolers trying to survive a zombie apocalypse, Highschool of the Dead is one of the shows that's getting a fair bit of buzz for the summer season. I've checked out the manga and found it entertaining, but I never actually followed the manga because it went on a long hiatus. The premise sounds promising, and there will be plenty of fan service, gore, and violence. What's not to love?

Will watch/won't blog:

Sengoku Basara 2
I watched the first series and found it enjoyable for the over-the-top action (and not its historical accuracy), so I'll also be watching the second season.


Other than the shows mentioned, there are some other series that look interesting such as Seikimatsu Occult Academy and Shiki. I don't know if I can find the time to watch more than three series though. Although I am on vacation right now, I have a lot of stuff to sort out during the summer. A couple hours of anime per week shouldn't hurt though... I hope.

Finally, here is the list of Summer 2010 anime preview posts from other anime blogs:

- Bokutachi no BLOG
- Eye Sedso
- Hyper Parfait
- Rabbit Poets
- Random Curiosity
- Star Crossed
- Sea Slugs!
- T.H.A.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online