Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fall 2010 Anime

The summer 2010 anime season is almost over, which means the fall 2010 season is just around the corner. As always, this post is just a list of shows that I'll blog, watch, and/or maybe take a look at. A list of actual previews can be found at the end of the post. Let's get started, shall we?

Will watch/Will blog:

Motto To-Love-Ru
I'll admit it: the first season of To-Love-Ru was one of the crappiest animes I have ever watched. The To-Love-Ru manga was far from exceptional, but it was mildly amusing most of the time. Some of the episodes from the anime (especially the anime-original stories) however were excruciatingly painful. The main reason I will cover this series is because I feel obligated to since I covered the manga, first anime season and the OVAs. It might turn out to be alright if XEBEC decides to stick with manga material most of the time, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I guess the upside of watching one crappy series is that it will make everything else look better.

To Aru Majutsu Index 2
The first season of Index is best described as inconsistent. Some parts were very good; other parts were a bit of a drag. I love the well-animated action, but I am turned off by all the hero and pseudo-science/magic speeches. Given the series is broken down into different arcs (as per the light novel source), some story arcs are bound to be better than others, but hopefully the 2nd season of Index as a whole will feature more excitement and less preaching than the 1st season.


The upcoming season just happens to have sequels of shows that I covered, and I don't like abandoning things midway, so hence these are my picks. In addition, I'll continue to cover new Queen's Blade OVAs (again because I covered the earlier seasons). As for the other new series of the season, I'm tempted to watch Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls, but I think I've watched enough "hot girls battle while clothes fall off" type of shows already. Star Driver also look mildly interesting since I haven't watched mecha in a while (Gundam Unicorn is once every half year... sheesh). I don't know if I'll have the time though.

Anyways, here are some actual season previews from the awesome blogs on my blogroll:

- Hyper Parfait
- METANORN
- Rabbit Poets
- Random Curiosity
- Sea Slugs!
- Star Crossed
- Tenka Seiha
- T.H.A.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online